Want to get your drink on? Get your tickets here.
Allison Hederman, we hope you love love love love beer as much as you love the Clydesdales because you just won two VIP tickets to the St. Louis Brewers Heritage Festival! Email us to claim your prize.
- “When Matt Holliday introduces Curtis Partch to the big leagues by hitting a grand slam off him” - Barbara Bathe
- “When an article in the NYT acknowledges how awesome St. Louis actually is” - Kaytlin Reedy-Rogier
- “Driving back from out of town and seeing the Arch on the horizon” - Kevin Sontag
If you didn’t win, don’t worry - you can buy your Brewfest tickets here. Cheers!
[Submission via lepetitsmudge]
What he says:
What we think:
What do you love love love love about St. Louis? We know our answer: tasting unlimited beer samples of 80+ beer styles of beer from 20 local breweries this weekend in Forest Park! Caption this GIF with the STL things you heart here and you could win two VIP tickets to the St. Louis Brewers Heritage Festival!
Congratulations, Angie Taylor, you’re the winner of this week’s Caption This! Contest Part I! Get ready to enjoy the St. Louis Brewers Heritage Festival VIP style next weekend. We’ll be the drunk girls in the back speaking only in GIFs. Email us to claim your prize.
Part I Runners-Up:
- “When Matheny puts in Mitchell Boggs” - Jim Gau
- “What I want to say to everyone who post comments on Stltoday.com” - Brian Schwartz
- “When someone wears a Pujols jersey to a Cards game” - Lexie Lehr
Didn’t win? You’ll have one last chance to win VIP Brewfest tickets with next week’s Caption This! Contest. If you just can’t wait that long, you can buy tickets here.
- “When you get stuck behind women with purses in the entrance line at the cards game” - Jace FitzGibbon
- “When your new to STL friend asks you to explain why everyone cares so much where you went to high school” caption contest” - Maggie Taylor
- “When we still can’t figure out if we need to dial a 1 before a phone number in the 636 area code.” -Kathy Chamberlin
Plus honorable mention to Steve Kainz: “When WHSSWCM asks us to think of TWO captions in one week” (Try reading double the amount of caption entries - now that’s something ain’t nobody got time for!)
If you weren’t one of our lucky winners, don’t worry - we have one more chance for you to win VIP Brewfest tickets next week! If you ain’t got time to wait for next week’s Caption This! contest, you can buy tickets here.
Happy National Donut Day! Hope everyone’s celebrating at one (or more) of St. Louis’ finest. A few of our faves:
- Donut Drive-In
- Old Town Donuts
- World’s Fair Doughnuts
- Eddie’s Southtown Donuts
- Donut Stop
- John Donut
What’s your go-to? Who did we miss?
Ain’t nobody got time for what STL thing? Let us know in part II of this week’s Caption This! Contest and you could be a beerfest VIP! Share your ideas here for a chance to win. And remember, keep your captions in the form of “When _____” or “My reaction when _______,” because ain’t nobody got time for anything else.
Welcome to a special DOUBLE EDITION of Caption This! We have two GIFs for you to caption this week, and we’ve upped the ante a bit: instead of our usual $25 gift cards to Nick’s Pub, we’re giving away two sets of TWO VIP TICKETS to one of our favorite events of the year, the St. Louis Brewers Heritage Festival!
What STL thing makes you want to say, “Ummm… could you not?” If you’re 21+, share your rants in the form of captions here and you could roll like a big shot with with VIP tickets to the beer festival.
Both winners will be announced this Friday. Good luck!
At first we’re all like:
But then after they said it actually didn’t happen:
[Submission via abbs151]